Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day 19: A talent of mine

When I think of what talents I have, it tends to veer towards music. I learned the piano when I was in primary school. Did the exams, nearly dropped it but with some persuasion (and logical reasoning from my mom) I finished Grade 8. I haven't touched a piano in years.

After high-school I decided to take up the classical guitar. It is a lovely instrument, not recommended to take when you're learning the piano (according to my piano teacher at the time). Only made sense to me later. I learned it for a few years, did a couple of exams and decided I was done with exams. I asked my teacher to teach me various techniques and have been grateful to have learned. I have a guitar (I can see it from where I'm sitting) but it needs some fixing. I haven't played it in over 2 years.

I made a pact with a friend that every decade of my life, I will learn an instrument. I played the piano until I was a teenage, played the guitar in my 20s and next up is the cello. But before that, I want to brush up on the other instruments first so I feel I have not wasted my time (and money) on them and I will do justice to the cello.

What's next after that? I'll have to think about it...

No comments: