Thursday, December 20, 2012

Day 20: A hobby of mine

A hobby... To pick just one is difficult. From the last 19 posts, it's clear to see that I have several hobbies, so I'll pick one I haven't mentioned.

I love to dance. I took up dancing almost 2 years ago and have loved every moment of it. Whenever I get a chance, I'll go dancing with my mates. If you had to ask me which style is my favourite, it is difficult to choose.

The Salsa is a dance that I've loved since I was a kid. It comes easily to me (especially following someone I've never danced with) and I love the little tricks and fun things you can do in this dance style.

The Viennese Waltz is magical. It's simple but looks simply beautiful when a lady twirls around, sweeping the floor with her long dress. It's lovely to watch and dance. But you can't do it for too long or else you'll be dizzy ;)

The Swing is a fun dance. It's cheeky and the songs you get to dance to it is great.

The Argentine Tango, ah what's not to love? The scene where Al Pacino asks Gabrielle Anwar if she would like to learn to dance the tango in the movie Scent of a Woman made me want to learn it.

I could go on and on but I think you get the picture.

No comments: